IN CASE OF ANYTHING 086 162 7732

Attempted Murder Suspect Arrested Within 18 Hours

Yesterday evening, a woman was shot and critically injured in the Greenwood Park area, multiple team members and paramedics provided assistance and Greenwood Park SAPS arrested the suspect within 18 hours.

At approximately 17h30, one of our Armed Response Officers was flagged down by a member of the public while on routine patrol at the corners of Effingham Road and North Coast Road. The officer was informed that a female in her mid-forties had been shot.

Without delay, multiple Armed Response Officers and members of our Special Operations Team were dispatched to the scene to provide backup. The Greenwood Park SAPS and Netcare911 Paramedics were immediately notified of the incident.

Upon arriving at the scene, members of our Special Ops Team administered first aid and Intermediate Life Support to the female victim who had sustained a single gunshot wound to her upper right leg. Shortly thereafter, Netcare911 paramedics arrived on scene and worked alongside our team to stabilise the victim after Advanced Life Support (ALS) intervention. The victim was then transported to the hospital by EMRS under the care of Netcare ALS in a critical condition for further medical care.

Circumstances around the shooting were established and the Greenwood Park SAPS were investigating a case of attempted murder.

Within the spaces of 18 hours, working on information received and intelligence gathered the Greenwood Park SAPS Trio Crimes Unit managed to apprehend the suspect and recover a homemade unlicensed firearm in the late hours of this morning in the Greenwood Park area. The suspect was transported to Greenwood Park SAPS and will be charged for attempted murder and for being in possession of an unlicensed firearm and ammunition.

Marshall Security would like to commend the Greenwood Park SAPS on their dedication and working throughout the night to bring the suspect to book and making the community a safer place.

Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim who is currently still in critical condition in hospital.

Share this: