IN CASE OF ANYTHING 086 162 7732

Tragic Discovery: Three Deceased from Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

This morning, at approximately 09h50, the Marshall Security Emergency Dispatch Centre was alerted through a concerning WhatsApp message, requesting a welfare check on their neighbour in the Greenwood Park area, as family have had no contact with them since Saturday.

Responding with urgency, multiple Armed Response Officers and members from our Special Operations Team were dispatched to the premises on Rosary Road.

Upon arrival, what began as a welfare check quickly escalated into a tragic scene. Officers discovered a male individual, lifeless and in a state of decomposition, on the living room couch. Further investigation within the home revealed two additional victims, a female and another male, in the master bedroom, both without signs of life.

The sorrow was compounded by the finding of the family’s young puppy, also lifeless, marking a total loss for the household.

The Fire Department conducted a thorough examination of the premises and identified a generator within the home as the likely cause of carbon monoxide poisoning, resulting in this tragic loss of life.

Greenwood Park SAPS were contacted and arrived on scene. They will be conducting further investigations into this incident. Paramedics, from a private ambulance company have confirmed the death of three individuals.

Marshall Security wishes to express our heartfelt condolences to the family and friends. We also recognise the neighbour’s critical role in raising the alarm, underscoring the vital importance of community vigilance and awareness of the dangers posed by carbon monoxide in residential settings.

Share this: