IN CASE OF ANYTHING 086 162 7732

Teams Apprehend Business Burglary Suspect in Effingham Heights

Yesterday morning a business burglar was arrested and found with stolen items in his possession on Firwood road.

At approximately 04h10 the Marshall Security Emergency Dispatch Centre received multiple zone activations from a clients business premises in the Effingham Heights area.

Multiple Armed Response Officers were immediately dispatched and arrived on scene within minutes. As our officers arrived on scene two suspects were spotted feeling from the business premises. After a short foot chase, one suspect was promptly apprehended on Firwood road. Upon searching the suspects bag, multiple boxes of cigarettes, cash and other stolen items were recovered.

A vast and extensive search was conducted for the outstanding suspect but unfortunately managed to evade arrest.

It was later established that the items that were found in his possession was stolen from the clients business premises after gaining entrance through the ceiling. Our client was informed who desired pressing charges against the suspects.

The Greenwood Park SAPS were notified and arrived on scene a short while later and transported the suspect to the Greenwood Park Police Station where the suspect will be charged for business burglary and theft.

In a separate incident on Wednesday evening, at approximately 21h00 members of our Special Operations Team were activated to assist Tracker SA with locating an Isuzu Single Cab which had been hijacked in the Kwadabeka area earlier that evening. 

Our members immediately responded to the last known location of the hijacked vehicle and was spotted at the intersection of Inanda Road and Newlands West Drive. Our members reacted accordingly and together with the assistance of the Tracker SA ground team the vehicle was recovered and one suspect was promptly apprehended.

The Newlands East SAPS were notified and arrived on scene a short while later and transported the suspect together with the recovered hijacked vehicle to the Newlands East Police Station for further investigation.

Share this: